Thursday, October 11, 2007

ok, so, I'm getting flack for not updating, so I'm updating. See, are you happy now?

The past month can very nicely be rounded up as insane...and well, October is shaping up to be just a hair less! Why you may ask? Well, lets see September was gala month at the museum which meant a whole lot of planning, replanning, making items, remaking items, dealing with fun people, dealing with difficult people, and topping it off with five hours of fancy dress, silent auction, good tapas, and dancing. Plus, I had the added mental insanity of being offered a new position a goodly distance from Ithaca and the challenge of deciding whether or not to leave PRI behind for new adventures. Well...after a great deal of thought (and tears, cause that's how I tend to deal with stress) most of you will probably be glad to hear that I'll be remaining an ithaca chick. If you haven't already heard the whole story and want to be filled in, gimme a ring.

On to October. Membership brochure, annual fund mailing, grants due, gala cleanup....thank god for helpful interns! I confess that I stayed until 7 tonight cause I'm behind where I want to be. zoinks!

But, I'm still getting some time in for reading amongst the crazy. Since last posting, I think I've read Dune Messiah, Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery, and Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. Let's see Dune Messiah was better this time around, Persuasion was really enjoyable which was surprising because I wasn't sure I'd like reading Jane Austen, The Blue Castle is an all time favorite...I've probably read it a dozen times by now, Slaughterhouse 5 was okay but I much preferred Cat's Cradle. I'm really interested to see how well or terribly this book translated to screen when I get the movie version of it on netflix. The time travel in it is actually similar to the time travel in Time Traveler's Wife. Def very different from a man in a time machine!

2 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

You've read FOUR books since the beginning of September with all we were going through at work?!!!!??? I'm literally speechless. You're superwoman!

Ithaca_chick said...

Books keep me sane man. You wouldn't want to see me without them.