Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rearranging

So, yesterday I promised myself that I would clean up the main room in my apartment, and for once I kept the promise. I put on the soundtrack to Across the Universe and got to it. First task was to clean up the mess from pulling everything off my wall and reorganizing it which occurred earlier in the week. Then, I thought, what else can I do with this space, so it ended up in more of a reorganization than a clean. The ugly blue chair thing that folds into a bed is now hidden in the closet, the table is up against the wall, and the chest that was in the closet is out as a cat perch under the window. I think I'll have to find something better to cover it over, but for now tis covered with a pretty sheet. The results:





And here is my tiny Christmas tree, given to me in college by Auntie C. Thanks!

Here's a close up on part of the wall...if you didn't know already, I have issue with white walls, this is my cheap solution. Some are my photos, others are calendars, copies of book covers, etc. I'm having some problems with the photo paper curling, but hope that with a bit more double sided tape, things will stay in place better.

And here is a close up on the blanket currently in progress. I put the blue and white one on hold because I think that this one will be a Christmas present, although it's so pretty that I am tempted to keep it for myself! This is about 3 days in...maybe about 10 hours total?

1 comment:

Sarah Berry said...

Wow - everything looks so great, and the blanket is very pretty. Kudos for all the recent posts!! It gives me something to do at work. ;)