Monday, February 2, 2009

Green Shrug

My latest finished project in the yarn realm is the "Chunky Alpaca Shrug" from Sensual Crochet by Amy Swenson. I used Baby Alpaca Grande by Plymouth Yarn in (excitingly named) color # 798. The color is a piney green with a little bit of reddish brown mixed in. This crocheted up very quickly because of the open pattern and the fact that its simply a rectangle that you sew partway together for arms. The yarn was great to work with and is really soft. I tried to get a good picture of the shrug, but failed miserably. If I can ever figure out what to wear this with I'll try to get an actual picture of me wearing it. For now, enjoy the below.



There are a number of things in this book that I'd like to try, however, I'm not thrilled with the pattern directions throughout. They are not super intuitive and take a lot of reading and pondering - at least for someone like me who is on the intermediate/beginner borderline. Next project that is likely to be revealed on here will be a shrug in my own pattern. I hope it comes out well!

1 comment:

Meg said...

You wear it with a sexy dress, of course.