Monday, November 26, 2007

P&C and the Top 100 Novels

So, today on the way home I suddenly realized that I was nearly out of toilet paper and if I didn't go to the store, things would not be good. Having just been to the gym, I was not really feeling like stopping and I was already nearly home, so weggies was feeling just too far. Then I remembered the P&C. I've been driving by it on my way home for a year and a half now and I hadn't yet been in because from the outside it looks awfully sketch. But, in the interest of going new places (and in having toilet paper) I stopped....and was pleasantly surprised. It was bright and clean. Now I know that I can run in there for emergencies, but I'll not be likely to give up wegs!

On to the Top 100 Novels. For some reason, I decided to look up a list of the top 100 novels yesterday. I found several and printed off three just to see how I rated. My poorest is 9 out of 100 on "The Board's List" from the Modern Library. Next was 15 out of 100 on Time's top 100. Finally, best score was 19 out of 100 on "The Reader's List" from the Modern Library. I guess I have some reading to do! Most surprising Top 100 was Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash on Time's list. I didn't realize that novel was so well known and respected.

3 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

How is it that I live here and have NO idea where the P&C is???

Ithaca_chick said...

lol, thats because its hidden away in the neighborhood near the dmv where you probably have never driven.

Billy said...

I would like to say that I have read 89 of the top 100 Novels ever written. Including James Joyce, Ullyses (Which I can't spell). DON'T EVER READ IT! Boring. Who knew one day could take so long to read!